Grant Development Home | Internal Grants page
CSI Foundation Mini-Grant Guidelines
The maximum award for each mini-grant is $2,500.
Purpose of Funds
To stimulate innovative ideas and activities and their subsequent implementation that result in improved student learning and access. Collaboration among staff is an important criterion for selection.
Foundation mini-grants will be awarded to faculty, staff, and administration for projects that clearly support the CSI Strategic Plan.
Grant funds may be used for supplies, equipment, consultants, technical assistance, registration fees, and lodging. Grants do not pay salaries, honoraria, or food for the applicant. However, they will pay a reasonable rate for a finished product that has been developed. Travel expenses may not exceed 15% of the funding request. Applicants should include sales tax and shipping/handling in all applicable budget items.
CSI Common Grant Application must be used to apply for CSI foundation mini-grants.
Grant proposals should:
- Be cost effective. Budgets should justify each request item.
- Not duplicate objectives of other projects and proposals.
- Be self-contained so that the one-time award leads to a completed project, or there are enough institutional resources matching the grant to make completion possible.
- Result in enhancing the quality of education at CSI, either directly or indirectly.
- Not involve work that is part of faculty, staff, or administration member’s normal workload.
Applicants must receive the endorsement of their department or division chair, and/or immediate supervisor as they may be consulted for their recommendations.
Applications must be submitted to Institutional Planning and Grant Development office, Taylor 120, and electronically via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. of the due date. Proposals that are submitted after 5:00 p.m. on the due date will not be scored and will be returned to the applicant.
The deadlines for FY 2015 proposals are:
- Fall 2014 - Wednesday, November 12
- Spring 2015 - Wednesday, March 18
- A sub-committee of the Faculty and Staff Development Committee will submit their recommendations to the Executive Director of the Foundation for final selection.
- Notification of awards will be within one month after the due date. Conferences occurring before notification of awards will not be considered for funding.
- Funds generally should be spent or encumbered within the fiscal year of the grant award. Extensions may be granted for good cause. Written Foundation approval is required for any extension.
- Each recipient will be required to submit a PowerPoint describing the impact of the project, measurable outcomes, photos, etc. These will be used to evaluate the overall effectiveness of the project.
CSI Foundation Funded Mini-Grants
Grants Development Home | Internal Grants page